Postgresql as service on domain controller

From: "Amit Kelkar" <amit(at)postmodern(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql as service on domain controller
Date: 2003-11-17 06:58:27
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I have tried to search thoroughly in the postgres archives to no avail
for this.

I am running a Windows 2000 Domain controller. I want to install
cygwin-postgres on the machine. I can install cygwin fine, cygipc fine
and even postgres as a non-service fine.

But the instructions for installing postgres as a service are for
non-domain controllers. E.g. cmd /c lusrmgr.msc. I have tried to create
a domain user using the domain controller users utility. I have given
permission for postgres to run a service.

But I keep getting various errors. E.g. Event Type: Error
Event Source: postmaster
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0