Scheduling/Automated Jobs in Postgre

From: "Aravindhan G(dot)D" <adamodharan(at)ivesia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Scheduling/Automated Jobs in Postgre
Date: 2005-03-02 04:39:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I need to do some user defined jobs when ever the Postgre server gets restarted. These tasks should be automated one i.e) When ever I restart the server the PL/SQL functions I have defined should be executed automatically without my intervention. This is to record some information like Audit Trails and some more.

Could any one tell me how can I implement this in Postgre. Is there any concept like "Scheduled Jobs" in Postgre. If so pls. provide me with related informations or the links from where I could get them.

With Regards,
Aravindhan.