Fw: Install PostgreSQL on Windows??

From: "Yue(Kevin) YU" <kevin(dot)yu(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: Install PostgreSQL on Windows??
Date: 2002-05-10 23:05:34
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I tried to install PostgreSQL7.2.1 on Windows XP and I followed the steps
listed in FAQ_MSWIN. Following are the problems.

The first step is to install Cygwin from http://cygwin.com/. According to
step 1 of FAQ_MSWIN, there should be a PostgreSQL readme file,
/usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-${version}.README, but I couldn't find the file
(after installing Cygwin). I would guess that the pre-built PostgreSQL is
not included in the cygwin package.

The next step is to install cygipc from
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/cygipc/. According
to instructions from that web site, there should be a program "bunzip2.exe"
in /bin. Again, the program is not there. I need that program in installing
cygipc.

Did I miss something? Where should I do from here? Any suggestion will be
greatly appreciated.

Kevin