Fw: Getting tables, procedures, etc.

From: "Roberto (SmartBit)" <roberto(at)smartbit(dot)inf(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: Getting tables, procedures, etc.
Date: 2002-10-10 15:17:09
Lists: pgsql-general

yes I know!! bou my problem is much worse :)

do you know ASTA?? www.astatech.com

they have done around 15 server applications for several dbms...
but, they have not one for PostgreSQL :(

so, I'm doing one!!! and its already running nice and fast!!!
the problem is when my client app ask for any metadata... now I'm gettin it
but dont know if it is the right way?¿

for exemple:
to I get the user tables, I'm doing: select relname from
"pg_statio_user_tables"

to I get the Stored Procedures, I'm doing: select proname from "pg_proc"
(I think it is not right)

do you know other way do I get it?

> > Hey, Tora isn't just for Oracle?
> > Anyway, tora is an SQL Client, excelent by the way! Do you know Toad
> > for Windows? Is much like it.

> Procedures,
> at
> > > rigth

> today to
> > > get
> > > >

> > > Sorry my ignorance, but, what is "Tora"???
> > > How do I do to get the pg meta data using delphi??
> > >
> > > I'm trying to do something like pgAdmim ....
> > >
> > > Roberto de Amorim

majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org