Re: Temporal Databases

From: "Rodrigo Sakai" <rodrigo(dot)sakai(at)poli(dot)usp(dot)br>
To: "Michael Glaesemann" <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Temporal Databases
Date: 2006-02-24 03:20:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for all people. And Michael, I think your researches are very close
to my researches. I'm looking for partnership (I hope this is the correct
word).
Although, this area is very old (about 20 years), there is not much
implementation. I saw the architecture of BTPGSQL, and is a usual
implementation where it was developed a API to do the interface between the
aplication and the data. It's a good solution, but not what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for something implemented inside the database, like the
flashback functionality of oracle 10g.
And thanks Michael, I will have a look on the Date's article.