advice please

From: Peter Lom <peterlom(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: advice please
Date: 2003-09-25 05:04:07
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Dear All,

please please advice to solve a frustration.
Where to post the following question (I asked on other forums - no answer; people did not respond either) ?

I am attempting to create and exerimental environment under W2000 which includes

Apache native W2000,
Perl 5.8.0 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread, binary build 806

I installed PostgreSQL under the latest cygwin and created a test database, inserted some data into it - no problems.
Note: announced Native Win PostgreSQL 7.4 will not be released (only 8.0 in 2004)

The problem is to connect from CGI into this database using Perl with DBI e.g with DBD-Pg ( the module is Edmund Mergl's and asks for Perl build 805 - he doid not respond to my email).
I cannot link this module into Perl (note: I failed also with the cygwin Perl).

What could be done ?

Many thanks
Peter Lom, Melbourne