Transactions and timestamps

From: Daniel Åkerud <zilch(at)home(dot)se>
To: "PostgreSQL-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Transactions and timestamps
Date: 2001-08-07 14:39:42
Lists: pgsql-general

If I do

BEGIN
UPDATE some_session set time_stop = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
UPDATE another_session set time_start = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
END

Is there any chance the current_timestamp will be different?

Do I have to first select current_timestamp and then update with a variable? (function?)

---
Daniel Åkerud

[ Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups]