RE: Multi-dimensional arrays

From: "tom" <tom(at)outervention(dot)net>
To: "'Pgsql-php \(E-mail\)'" <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Multi-dimensional arrays
Date: 2001-06-20 17:58:39
Lists: pgsql-php

Multi-dimensional arraysfor($I=0;
$row=pg_fetch_array($result,$I,PGSQL_ASSOC); $I++){
$resultArray[]=$row; // Results in a scalar array with nested
associative arrays
}
return $resultArray;

You could also go a step further and manipulate each element of $row inside
the for loop, with another loop:

for( ... ){
while(list($key, $val)=each($row)){
// play with each field element here...
}
}

That said, my personal preference is to do it in a while loop instead of a
for loop, I think there was some reason why PHP preferred this, although I
can't remember why offhand.

$I=0;
while($I < pg_numrows($result)){
$row=pg_fetch_array($result,$I,PGSQL_ASSOC);
$resultArray[]=$row;
$I++;
}
return $resultArray;