user_write_lock_oid questions

From: "Marian Naghen" <naghen(at)ratb(dot)ro>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: user_write_lock_oid questions
Date: 2005-12-02 12:11:46
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm new to PostgreSQL and I'm a litle confused.

I have 2 questions about using user_write_lock functions:

1. if a user set a write lock and then, for some reason (bad connections, app chashes, etc), disconect from server without releasing, what happened with the lock ? It will be still
holding ?

2. there is a way to set/obtain informations about the user who sets a lock ?

thanks.