Re: [PERFORM] Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: "'Mohan, Ross'" <RMohan(at)arbinet(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon
Date: 2005-04-23 14:18:31
Lists: pgsql-odbcpgsql-performance
Hate to be dumb, but unfortunately I am.

Could you give me an idea what I should be using, or is there a good
resource for me to check out.
I have been spending so much time with config and moving data, converting
etc, I never looked at the odbc settings (didn't even think about it until
Josh brought it up). I did ask him for his advice, but would love a second

Our data is a bit of a mixture, some records have text items most are
varchars and integers with a bit of Booleans mixed in.

I am running 8.0.2 so not sure if the protocol is ODBC or Postgres?

Thanks for responding I appreciate any help

Joel Fradkin