Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?

From: "Byron Nikolaidis" <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
To: "Kovacs Zoltan Sandor" <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?
Date: 2000-10-23 15:17:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Whoever does do it, should have access to the Windows/Microsoft side of
things -- not just Visual C++/Studio so he/she can compile an executable
version of the driver, but also the applications, such as Access 2000,
Borland <insert product here>, etc. Since my old computer is gone, I
currently have none of the applications I need to do the job any longer. :(

It is very important that most of the applications people are using these
days with the driver be available to the person maintaining the driver so
that all the crazy odbc behaviors can be tested. I know I would rather not
have to go out and buy an application software package just to test it with
the odbc driver ( BTW, I did this in the past with Borland c++ builder).

Also, it seems rather difficult to be maintaining a version that works well
with Unix and also works with Windows.

Any thoughts?

Byron