DateStyle question

From: "Sherwin Harris" <sharris(at)mstar(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DateStyle question
Date: 2002-05-31 20:12:09
Lists: pgsql-php

My question is probably simpler than most of you deal with but:
How do I change the datestyle of my database so that it is in the US style
(or any other style for that matter)?
I want it to start in the new style, not just change it with a SET command.
Any comments or reasons why I should not do this are also welcome.
Sherwin Harris