Re: Lost plpgsql function

From: "Mattias Kregert" <mattias(at)kregert(dot)se>
To: <lnd(at)hnit(dot)is>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lost plpgsql function
Date: 2004-01-22 09:58:39
Lists: pgsql-general

I ran into this problem a couple of days ago when I upgraded from 7.0.3 to 7.4.1.
I used the 7.4.1 pg_dumpall, but it created a dump file which tried to load the old plpgsql.so.
I had to fix the dump file manually before loading it into the new db. There were some other annoyances too, like the 7.4.1 pg_dumpall dumping out CR in the file, and then the 7.4.1. psql comlained about it and told me to use \r instead... I had to take out the "LOCATION" in create database too because it complained about "no such environment variable". I guess pg_dumpall doesn't understand the differences between the different versions, so you always have to check the dump file manually if you are changing version.

/M