Fwd: errors with getObject() with JDBC driver

From: Martin Zeigler <mzeigler(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: errors with getObject() with JDBC driver
Date: 2000-11-29 02:11:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am using version 7.0.2 of postgres on Redhat Linux 6.1. I am also using
Sun's Java 1.3 JVM, using the java2 JDBC driver from postgres. I have a table
containing several fields of "integer". I have one row in the table where
these integer are null. When I retrieve this row's values with my driver by
calling "getObject()" on the resultSet, it returns an Integer object containing
0. The value is not 0, it should be null. I verified the fields are null in
the database by issuing a query by hand.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug with the driver?

Thanks,
Martin Zeigler