inheritance of triggers (OO tables)

From: "Christoph Graf" <christoph(dot)graf(at)chello(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: inheritance of triggers (OO tables)
Date: 2004-02-29 00:03:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody!

As far as I have seen you can inherit from a table and get its columns.
Is there a possibility to also inherit a tables triggers? When I simply
derive a table from another I don't get them (-> they don't trigger). It
there is a way please tell me how I do this (and where I can find more
information about writing triggers in a OO sense - e.g. depending on
which table actually triggers, ...), if not where can I find information
about postgres object-orientation policy (if they plan to implement such
things, how they handle OO)?

Yours,

Christoph Graf