Re: Postgres DB

From: "Sumita Biswas" <sbiswas(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres DB
Date: 2004-02-23 02:54:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Tom,

I have read that template1 is the default DB that gets installed with
Postgres.
But when I type the command "psql" and don't specify a DB name, it says
that:

psql: FATAL: Database "postgres" does not exist in the system catalog.

This is the reason why I guessed that it expects the postgres DB be
installed by default.
Also earlier I have seen this DB get installed by itself, although we
have not created it.

Any answers to the above questions.

Regards,
Sumita