Case insensitive LIKE queries

From: Yann Ramin <atrus(at)atrustrivalie(dot)eu(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Case insensitive LIKE queries
Date: 2000-11-01 05:05:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

What would be the most effective way of preforming a case-insensitive LIKE
query? I've notived that MySQL somehow ALWAYS does it case insensitive,
which is not very smart, but I should expect this feature to exist without
reasonable pain on the programmer;s end?

Yann

Yann Ramin atrus(at)atrustrivalie(dot)eu(dot)org
Atrus Trivalie Productions www.redshift.com/~yramin
AIM oddatrus
Marina, CA http://profiles.yahoo.com/theatrus

IRM Developer Network Toaster Developer
SNTS Developer KLevel Developer
Electronics Hobbyist person who loves toys

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

"I'm prepared for all emergencies but totally unprepared for everyday
life."