Re: Stumped on PlPgSql

From: "Glen and Rosanne Eustace" <agree(at)godzone(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: "Alex Pilosov" <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>, "Jan Wieck" <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Stumped on PlPgSql
Date: 2000-10-24 04:20:37
Lists: pgsql-general

> Usually what causes this error for me is following type of code: table x
> with column a, and local variable called a. Then, if you are not careful,
> it'll refer to the local variable in a where clause, when you intended to
> refer to table column.

I have already replied to the list and Tom Lane, but it seems to have gotten
lost somewhere.

As stated above, this is exactly what I had done. I looked at the code over
and over and kept seeing what I thought was there and not what was actually
there :-(

The give away way setting the -d2 option and getting postgres to spill the
beans in the log file. A very useful switch to know about :-)