How to handle non-postgres questions?

From: davidb(at)vectormath(dot)com
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: How to handle non-postgres questions?
Date: 2000-01-28 19:41:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Occasionally a question is posted to this list that is not a question about postgres, but to which I know the answer. When this happens, I usually reply only to the person who posted the question, rather than to the whole list. I do this to minimize non-postgres traffic on the list. However, this has the disadvantage of making it seem that questions that are posted to the list are ignored. Is responding only to the sender the correct thing to do, or should I include the whole list?

Just wondering...

David Boerwinkle