Broken Tables?

From: "james" <spare1(at)cqm(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Broken Tables?
Date: 2001-06-13 17:26:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi, I'm working on a disaster recovery.......

When I do a
psql> SELECT * from tablename;

I get the full table back, but when I do a

psql> SELECT * from tablename WHERE column_name ='variable';

it returns empty rows even though I know for a fact and have checked using the select * query that rows should exist and have the variable in the correct column!!!

I could do a select *, grab all the data then drop the table then create the same table again and feed in the data, but I wonder if there is a better way???

Cheers...

James