Re: pg_restore

From: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore
Date: 2007-10-28 22:01:58
Lists: pgsql-general

The latest in the saga -

By using - pg_restore -h localhost -d PDW -U postgres aurel.sql

I get the message - pg_restore: input file does not appear to be a valid
archive.

I get this message when I used the aurel.sql file which I previously loaded
successfully in 8.1 and also when I use an aurel.sql file which I just
successfully dumped a few minutes ago from the 8.1 on my other computer.

Could pg_restore in my 8.2 be corrupted??

Bob