pg_toast size

From: "Julien Drouard" <jdrouard(at)ankama(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_toast size
Date: 2006-04-14 13:13:43
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi everyone,

I've seen my pg_toast tables are becoming bigger and bigger. After googling I would like to modify my max_fsm_pages parameter to prevent that kind of problem. So I'm wondering if changing this parameter is enough and after that how can I reduce the size of these tables? By doing a full vacuum?

Thanks in advance,

Julien