Fw: Empty date

From: "Szmutku Zoltn" <szmutku(dot)zoltan(at)betet-kft(dot)hu>
To: "pgsqlista" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: Empty date
Date: 2005-03-31 06:03:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi ,

Thanks :-((
My english knowledge is big handicap for exact explanation......, but

For example :
I have a table, that store a production progression .
All progression schema is predefined respectively for all different
product .

Example:
Record Step Name Date (default =
null)
1. Order
2005.01.10
2. Order confirmation 2005.01.11
3. Cutting
2005.01.12
4. Painting
.
5. Burning
.NULL.

When starting a next step , then the date field change to empty ( from
null ). The operator see the progression status in the screen. The client
program display empty value as 'in the pipeline' and display null values as
' remaining steps' .
This is an example, but I use this way often (one field, in field a
standard or two or three special values - more explanation ) . In this way
I can display a plus information without a plus field.

Hmmm..... My own stupidity..., but no problem ere now.

Thanks again : Zoltan