RE: [HACKERS] Projecting attributes of function return values

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Jan Wieck" <jwieck(at)debis(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Projecting attributes of function return values
Date: 1998-12-14 23:48:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It includes the fact that func_tlist of Func node is not used to project
attributes of function return values except when functions are written
in 'sql' language ?

and
the fact that PL/pgSQL functions return different type(HeapTuple)
from 'sql' functions which return the pointer to TupleTableSlot node ?

My samples are all written in 'sql' language.
Seems the cases I mentioned are simple bugs.

Thanks.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp