Re: BUG #4096: PG 8.3.1. confused about remaining disk space

From: "J6M" <j6m(at)adm(dot)estp(dot)fr>
To: "Stefan Kaltenbrunner" <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #4096: PG 8.3.1. confused about remaining disk space
Date: 2008-04-08 10:37:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs
The df was made while the error messages occured and the scripts were
running. So it is not a temporary 'mammothean' table.

When I thought of this, two possible elads came to my mind :

- A mistake when I tuned the postgresql.conf file (resource is scarce, as
this test machine is a PIII 700 with 256 MB RAM dating from Q4 2000)

- The default for this particular DB has been set to keep OIDs (I "pour"
several INSERTs sets arising from different files in an auxiliary table, and
keep the last entered entry for any relevant keys, Those entries then go to
a production table).