Re: Need Help!!

From: "Papp Gyozo" <pgerzson(at)freestart(dot)hu>
To: "Gurudutt" <guru(at)indvalley(dot)com>, <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need Help!!
Date: 2001-10-05 13:42:41
Lists: pgsql-php pgsql-sql

Hello,

next time post the error message what you got and your pgsql version number.
It helps us to find the weak point in the "whole mess".

JOIN syntax was introduced in v7.1 and some fixes was made up to the recent
version (v7.1.3), AFAIR.

SELECT SUM(ACT_DueTab.CableAmount) as NetworkTotal
FROM ACT_NetworkTab,
ACT_DueTab,
ACT_InvoiceTab LEFT JOIN ACT_CustomerTab
-- ON (ACT_CustomerTab.CustCode=ACT_InvoiceTab.CustCode)
-- instead, and pg won't duplicate this column:
USING(CustCode)
-- you might give a table alias for this JOIN and use it instead
-- I'm just guessing ...
WHERE
ACT_DueTab.InvCode=ACT_InvoiceTab.InvNumber AND
ACT_NetworkTab.NetCode=3 AND
ACT_CustomerTab.NetCode=ACT_NetworkTab.NetCode AND
ACT_InvoiceTab.InvGenDate <= '2001-08-31' AND
ACT_InvoiceTab.InvGenDate >= '2001-08-01')
ORDER BY ACT_InvoiceTab.InvGenDate DESC

So:
SELECT SUM(ACT_DueTab.CableAmount) as NetworkTotal
FROM ACT_NetworkTab,
ACT_DueTab,
(ACT_InvoiceTab LEFT JOIN ACT_CustomerTab
USING(CustCode)) AS A
WHERE
ACT_DueTab.InvCode=A.InvNumber AND
ACT_NetworkTab.NetCode=3 AND
A.NetCode=ACT_NetworkTab.NetCode AND
A.InvGenDate <= '2001-08-31' AND
A.InvGenDate >= '2001-08-01'
ORDER BY ACT_InvoiceTab.InvGenDate DESC

> 3. I was using PEAR for data abstraction layer ( to make code
> independent of the database), I find that PEAR which worked fine with
> mysql doesn't work so well with pgsql

Can you detail it a bit? What's wrong with PEAR or its abstraction?