Adding pl/perl support

From: "Craig" <postgresql(at)bryden(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "PG-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Adding pl/perl support
Date: 2006-02-11 11:41:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I am quite new to PostgreSQL on freebsd (or anything other than windows). I installed PostgreSQL without perl support, but I would now like to add it. I have found posts about running ./configure --with-perl. I have done that, but now I am not sure of the correct way to add this support to the running version of postgres. This is a production server and I cannot really afford any down time.

I installed PostgreSQL 8.1.0 from source.

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks
Craig