8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!

From: "A(dot) Mous" <a(dot)mous(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!
Date: 2004-12-22 02:50:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I'm using psql 8.0.0 on a client's site who's running win server 2003.
We've had him on beta 3 for some time, and no problems at all (yes, in a
sense, he is a beta tester as well, but doesn't know it!). Today I tried to
upgrade the db to RC1 and had some problems.

Remote clients connect to this database, so I have to set listen_addresses =
'*' in the posrgresql.conf file. This is the only change to the config
file. Doing this with RC1 and trying to connect locally with through psql
resulted in the following error message:

"could not receive server response to SSL negotiation packet; connection
reset by peer (0x00002746/10054)"

Removing the modified line in the config file resolved the problem
(locally), however, no clients can connect! Beta 3 does not seem to have
this issue, so we had to revert back to it for now.

I would appreciate any ideas that some of you may have. Much thanks,

-Peter