Re: postmaster service now fails to start under win2k

From: "Brian Babey" <bbabey(at)openroadsconsulting(dot)com>
To: "Jean-Marc Paulin" <jmp(at)micromuse(dot)com>, "pgsql-cygwin" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postmaster service now fails to start under win2k
Date: 2002-08-12 14:22:27
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jean-Marc,

Thanks for the suggestion, but the .pid file doesn't appear to be the
problem. While the service is running (as Administrator), postmaster.pid is
there, and when I stop the service, it goes away. I can then start the
service back up again as Administrator and it runs fine, but when I try to
install it to run as 'postgres' it will not start at all.

Any other ideas?

-Brian