Bugs on COPY command

From: "gwcom" <bwu(at)gwcom(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bugs on COPY command
Date: 2001-03-20 11:03:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear sir,

I currently using postgresql V7.0.3.
I created a database with UNICODE encoding to store chinese and japanese information.
I have some chinese information created with MS access(excel) and export it to text file
with delimiter semi-colon ";" .
When I imiport the text file into the table with COPY command in psql environment.
e.g. COPY tablename from '/import/file/path' using delimiters ';'
The data import successfully but some strange results are found.
Some record contains the field value with delimiters.
For example, we have the following line in the import file:
abc;def;hij;kil;mnx

The result may be
field 1:abc
field 2:def
field 3:hij;kil
field 4;mnx
field 6:

It seems that the copy command can't paser all data successfully into the corresponding fields.
I don't know why and I must use ';' as the delimiter since I have no choice.
All the information abc,def,hij,mnx are BIG5 characters (I only try BIG5)
Do anyone have report this strange behaviour?

Regards,
Bryan Wu
lfwu(at)yahoo(dot)com