Re: Inprise InterBase(R) 6.0 Now Free and Open Source

From: Kaare Rasmussen <kar(at)webline(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inprise InterBase(R) 6.0 Now Free and Open Source
Date: 2000-07-29 10:13:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > The requirements seem to be pretty commonsense things...
> > If you use some source code from Inprise, you've got to
> > keep track of where the source came from, label it with
> > their license, list any modifications you've made, always
> > provide the source with any executables, etc.
>
> But the BSD license doesn't require source for distributed binaries.
> Sounds like a GPL-style restriction.

What is more important to my mind is if the license permits a developer to look
at the code and get inspired, or if the developer's mind will be "tainted" just
by looking.
I hope someone can tell; I always wake up later with my head on the keyboard
when I try to read license stuff...

--
Kaare Rasmussen --Linux, spil,-- Tlf: 3816 2582
Kaki Data tshirts, merchandize Fax: 3816 2582