RE: CREATE USER

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Thomas Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: "Lista PGSQL" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Diego Schvartzman" <dschvar(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: RE: CREATE USER
Date: 2000-06-01 05:58:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Currently the following command sequence isn't allowed.

begin;
create user ...
commit;

This wouldn't be good for odbc/jdbc/ecpg etc.

How about starting new transaction automatically after committing
"create user ..." at backend side if "create user" is the first command
of the transaction ?

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp