java.sql.SQLException: The connection attempt failed

From: "Vang" <vyang(at)apt-cafm(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: java.sql.SQLException: The connection attempt failed
Date: 2007-03-07 20:13:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm using postgresql 8.0.8 and I get java.sql.SQLException: The connection attempt failed when I run the jar file. On my computer I am able to run the program from netbeans and the jar file in the dist folder. However, when I send the dist folder to another computer and run the jar file the error above is thrown. I've recently bought a certificate and installed it(before creating the jar file). Might this be the cause? But what I can't figure out is why I can run on my and not on another. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

vyang