Re: ERROR: row is too big: size 9856, maximum size 8136

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: "'Michael Fuhr'" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: row is too big: size 9856, maximum size 8136
Date: 2005-01-20 17:20:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

Sorry, that was the statement that caused the error.
I was creating a view that exists in the MSSQL land.
It actually joins a few tables. I can put a create statement for all the
tables used in and then create the view and re send the txt file with those.
I am reloading the LINUX from scratch at the moment, but as soon as I get
back up (be tomorrow probably as it takes over night to load the data from
the MSSQL server) I will email with all the pertinent information.

I am re-loading to hopefully get rid of the pg_user error I was getting (I
went to su postgres and created my data base that way after creating a
postgres user as root). My friend said to not create any users just start
the data base up (Fedora core 3) and use pgadmin to create the database.

I was following a how to convert I got off the archives, so I must of messed
something up.

Again thank you for the information. If it is non TOAST (sorry not sure what
that means; I am guessing like not part of a text field data) field sizes
adding up to more the 8k is there some way to produce the data set, or is
this a limit of Postgres in general. If I can not have all the data needed
in a recordset I might have to re-think using postgres is this a limit of
mysql also? I hate to think I have to consider staying on MSSQL as it is not
in our budget.

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel. 941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.