RE: [HACKERS] Bug report for 7.0beta1 in 'CREATE FUNCTION...'

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "The Hermit Hacker" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Bug report for 7.0beta1 in 'CREATE FUNCTION...'
Date: 2000-03-01 02:05:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Currently utility commands aren't executable in PL/pgSQL.
In short,it's due the lack of implementation of copyObject()
for UtilityStatements.
However,there's another essential problem.

PL/pgSQL caches prepared plans for fucntions at their
first execution time. Though many oids/numbers ... exist
in the cached plans,they are changed by DML statements
and cached plans would become invalid. Currently once
a plan is cached,it stays in TopMemoryContext forever
and would never be removed/changed.

Jan could give more precise comments on this topic.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp