HOW TO HANDLE ZEROS IN DATE FIELD?

From: "James M Doherty" <jim(at)jdoherty(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: HOW TO HANDLE ZEROS IN DATE FIELD?
Date: 2004-09-03 14:36:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a project that is taking input from another system. I have certain
columns defined as 'Date'

Columns. On input I will get '000000' in this field which causes the insert
to fail. I have read the

docs on default and it is unclear to me if this will work. Does anyone have
experience in solving

this problem. The other alternative I thought of was to write a trigger to
fix it ??

James M Doherty
jim(at)jdoherty(dot)net
Georgetown, TX 78626
"There is no luck without discipline" IRISH PROVERB