PostgreSQL accessing a M$ Access DB?

From: Francis K Shim <fshim(at)cawthra(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL accessing a M$ Access DB?
Date: 2000-03-06 04:54:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Has anyone successfully accessed a M$ Access DB from PostgreSQL using ODBC or
any other means? I have PostgreSQL running with postmaster on a Linux x86 box
networked to a Windows95 x86 box that has both a Jet database (*.mdb that can be
accessed using M$ACCESS version 2.0) and another Jet database (*.mdb that can
be accessed using Access97). I am assuming that the former uses 16-bit access
while the latter uses 32-bit access. Anyway, I am searching for a solution
that can allow access to these *.mdb databases from the Linux box.

I have a copy of the PostODBC from Insight on the Windows95 box and I am
thinking of having iODBC on my Linux box to use ODBC across the network;
however, I wanted to check with anyone, if there may be an easier way.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Frank

--