pg_dump slow

From: "Franklin Haut" <franklin(dot)haut(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "'Ron'" <rjpeace(at)earthlink(dot)net>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump slow
Date: 2005-12-01 12:29:35
Lists: pgsql-performance

I Maked a new install on machine this night, and the same results, on
console localhost

Windows 2000 Server
Version 5.00.2195

PG Version 8.1

Franklin

>Franlin: are you making pg_dump from local or remote box and is this a
>clean install? Try fresh patched win2k install and see what happens.
He claimed this was local, not network. It is certainly an
intriguing possibility that W2K and WinXP handle bytea
differently. I'm not competent to comment on that however.