Version of a Postgres installation

From: "Neil Burrows" <maillist(at)remo(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Version of a Postgres installation
Date: 1999-05-08 11:13:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

How would a user find out which version of PostgreSQL they are using?

I've had a look thought the archives for this but the only answer I have
found is to check the PG_VERSION file in the data directory. This is all
very well if the have postmaster privileges and can access that directory,
but what about a user on a shared machine? For example someone who's ISP
allows them to use PostgreSQL?

I know they could ask the system administrator but is there not a quick and
easy way of finding out the version number?

Many regards,

E-mail: neil(at)pawprint(dot)co(dot)uk ** This e-mail was **
Web : http://www.remo.demon.co.uk/ ** Made in Scotland **
-------< PGP Key available from http://www.remo.demon.co.uk/pgp/ >--------