java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

From: "Wim Ceulemans" <wim(dot)ceulemans(at)pophost(dot)eunet(dot)be>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date: 1998-07-09 09:54:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi

I'm using RedHat 4.2 and postgres 6.3.2
I connect to the postgres database using the latest JDBC driver (that comes
with 6.3.2) and the latest JDK (Steve Byrne's 1.1.6v2).

When I run my application I get after a while the following Exception:

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
at postgresql.PG_Stream.ReceiveString(PG_Stream.java:240)
at postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:712)
at postgresql.Statement.execute(Statement.java:259)
at postgresql.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:46)

The application I am running imports an ASCII file into a number of
postgresql tables by repeatedly issuing executeQuery statements. At startup
I create a Connection and a Statement object which I never close (except
when stopping the application). I think after about 300 query's I get the
out of memory error.

Has anyone any idea why this is happening?

Regards
Wim Ceulemans
Nice Software Solutions