HTML generation with PL/PgSQL

From: "Birahim FALL" <birahim(dot)fall(at)hispeed(dot)ch>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: HTML generation with PL/PgSQL
Date: 2003-10-23 18:38:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm very fresh to PostgreSQL, coming from Oracle.
I want to developp web applications based on apache and postgresql.
Is there an equivalent of OWA server (Oracle Web Application server) for
postgresql.
Shortly, OWA provides an apache module and a set of stored
procedures/functions that generate html pages.

A simple example could be the following procedure :

procedure hello {
htp.htmlOpen;
htp.headOpen;
htp.title("Simple test page");
htp.headClose:
htp.bodyOpen
htp.print( htf.h2( htf.center( "This is a simple test page" ) ) );
htp.paragraph;
htp.print("Dynamic hello from Postgresql");
htp.bodyClose;
htp.htmlClose;
}

That would generate the following html code :

<head>
<title>Simple test page</title>
</head>
<h2><center>This is a simple test page</center></h2>
Dynamic hello from Postgresql

Is such a product exists (preferably opensource).
I'm ready to go for python etc, but I really wuld have to re-educate
myself.....

Thanks in advance.
Bir