RE: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA

From: "Taral" <taral(at)cyberjunkie(dot)com>
To: "The Hermit Hacker" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: "Michael Meskes" <meskes(at)usa(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA
Date: 1998-11-15 06:29:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Hear ye! Hear ye!

I've just started stressing my brain on the CORBA 2 docs... It turns out
that CORBA will be completely compatible with the existing system.

postmaster will register a "method server" with the ORB (which is a separate
process in mico, at least). A "method server" is one which requires a
separate process for every method invocation. Which is basically what we do
now with our one-backend-per-connection system. At least until the backend
is thread-safe, we're stuck with it. When the backend is thread-safe, we can
switch to "unshared server" where we have one per database. :)

Taral

P.S. When will that corba-specific list be set up? I'm sure that well over
half of the list didn't care one bit about what I just said.