Error when trying to add DEFAULT Value to NEW column

From: "Leon du Plessis" <leon(at)designit(dot)za(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error when trying to add DEFAULT Value to NEW column
Date: 2006-02-02 13:38:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

If this is a known issue, please ignore. just direct me to the fix:

Receiving an error "Column 'no' does not exist" when trying to add a default
value to a new column via properties panel.

When you create the new column without a default value, it's fine. The
default value can then be added afterwards.

Also subsequent deletion and re-creation of the column does not produce the
same condition and the default value can then be added with no further
problems.

The error indicates the column "no" does not exist, but I am trying to add
straight text to the default value. Can't see why that field is trying to
link/check columns. I have tried quotes.

Using Version 8.1 on Windows XP SP2 and pgadmin 1.4.1.

Thank you, kindly

L.