Memory allocation for postmaster service...

From: "Mike Leahy" <mgleahy(at)fes(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Memory allocation for postmaster service...
Date: 2003-09-17 18:44:03
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I'm just wondering if it's possible to increase the allocation of memory to
the postmaster service. I'm running PosgreSQL with PostGIS, and sometimes
running a map query on multiple objects from Mapserver can take a very long
time with the CPU running at 100%. I'm hoping increasing the memory
allocation would improve the performance...

Kind regards,

Mike