RPMs - minor problem

From: "Robert Jenkins" <raj(at)jrw(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RPMs - minor problem
Date: 2002-12-06 08:43:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've just updated my RedHat 8.0 test system with the new Postgres 7.3-2
RPMs

There seems to be a minor inconsistency with postrgesql-pl-7.3...

This appears to be a replacement for the previous postgresql-perl
package - but as the name is different, RPM doesn't recognise it as
such.

Having removed the old one & installed this, one of the other new RPMs
(contrib, I think) complains that postgresql-perl is not installed.

It's not a problem for me, but it could affect (or cause confusion) with
other packages that rely on postgresql-perl

Regards,

Robert Jenkins,
JRW.