DDL import question

From: "Long Island Vision Management" <livm(at)livm(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DDL import question
Date: 2002-09-11 20:02:24
Lists: pgsql-admin
hi everyone, I am trying to figure out how to import a DDL I got from
one of out developers into a postgres DB.  I am using linux RH 7.1 and
version 7.2.2 or pgsql.  The developers are using some visio and access
tools to generate the database structures and DDL files and I want to
import them to pgsql.  Is it as simple as issuing something like the
following
    psql -U username dbname < file.ddl

I tried that and I am getting errors.  Some are quote problems and
others seem to be from the CREATE statements.  I figure there has to be
a script of some kind to do this type of import since DDL's are pretty
standard.  I read about a hack to work around this by setting up ODBC
connections and stuff, but there has to be an easier way.

Thanks in advance for all you help
-Matt

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Adam WitneyDate: 2002-09-11 20:05:11