What is Vienna using PG for?

From: Joshua Kramer <josh(at)globalherald(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What is Vienna using PG for?
Date: 2006-11-15 11:07:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Hello All,

Does anyone know what the city of Vienna is using Postgres for?

http://www.ciol.com/content/developer/Linux/2006/106111401.asp

"For applications such as its Oracle databases, which need both a lot of resources and highly availability, the IT managers of the city of Vienna selected Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS. In the future, the city of Vienna expects to expand this area of its Linux installation with the imminent deployment of PostgreSQL on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS together with the migration of its AIX-Unix databases to Red Hat's flagship solution, a Red Hat statement said."

Cheers,
-J

--
----