RE: BUG #15724: Can't create foreign table as partition

From: Stepan Yankevych <Stepan_Yankevych(at)epam(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: RE: BUG #15724: Can't create foreign table as partition
Date: 2019-09-25 06:48:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Guys!

As far as I can see the issue has been fixed with following resolution
Ignore partitions that are foreign tables when creating indexes on partitioned tables (Álvaro Herrera)
Previously an error was thrown on encountering a foreign-table partition, but that's unhelpful and doesn't protect against any actual problem.

But I still can't create Pk on partitioned table

See details:
SELECT version();
PostgreSQL 11.5 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-36), 64-bit

ALTER TABLE fix_capture.fix_message_json ADD CONSTRAINT fix_message_json_pk PRIMARY KEY (fix_message_id,date_id);
SQL Error [42809]: ERROR: cannot create unique index on partitioned table "fix_message_json"
Detail: Table "fix_message_json" contains partitions that are foreign tables.

Have I missed something?

STEPAN YANKEVYCH
Software Engineering Team Leader
Software Engineering Manager
OCA

Office: +380 322 424 642 x 58840   Cell: +380 96 915 9551   Email: stepan_yankevych(at)epam(dot)com
Lviv, Ukraine   epam.com

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.