Re: BUG #16320: GSSAPI Error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: brahmbhattkinjal18(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16320: GSSAPI Error
Date: 2020-03-27 20:36:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>> Should we document somewhere that we consider that unsupported?
>> Trying it here, I see a bunch of "deprecation" warnings during
>> the build, but it does build --- which might lead people to expect
>> that it'd work.

> There had been discussion on another thread about trying to figure out a
> way to detect the OSX GSSAPI library and refuse to build with GSSAPI
> support when that's what we'd be building against. I didn't see anyone
> post a patch though and I haven't got an OSX box to play with myself
> easily at hand.

Just poking around, it looks like something along this line would work:

#ifdef GSSKRB_APPLE_DEPRECATED
#error "Postgres doesn't work with the macOS GSSAPI library, please use XXX instead."
#endif

(in any suitable spot after #including gssapi.h)

Now, this is testing the *headers* not the actual *library*, which in
some sense is not the right thing. But it's probably close enough for
the purpose.