Re: BUG #16476: pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea with compress-level=6 : Wrong key or corrupt data

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com, frank(dot)gagnepain(at)intm(dot)fr, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16476: pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea with compress-level=6 : Wrong key or corrupt data
Date: 2020-07-22 08:45:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

At Wed, 22 Jul 2020 15:51:12 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote in
> On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 03:07:22PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > Horiguchi-san, as you looked at this thread, would you like to look at
> > what I sent previously? There is still time until the next minor
> > release, but this thread has been idle for close to two weeks now.
>
> Hearing nothing, I have studied more this stuff today and applied the

Sorry, I overlooked it. It's a bit too late, but it looks good to me.
Thanks for looking this and commited.

> patch down to 9.5. Based on the first reports from the buildfarm,
> things are getting interesting with steamerduck complaining that the
> input and the output do not match in the test:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=steamerduck&dt=2020-07-22%2006%3A01%3A24
>
> The package of libz used there seems to be 1.2.11, so that's up to
> date:
> https://software.opensuse.org/package/libz1
>
> I am not exactly sure what this environment does differently. There
> are other machines using s390x, so I'll wait a bit more before doing
> something.

Might be help if the test prints the orignal and the decrypted bytes?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center